Thursday, November 6, 2014


1.Warhol was a pop artist in the 1950's and was known for his portraits and logos.

2. I would buy Warhol's artwork because it has a creative side that could only be expressed through the detail and care of him. His work is unique and it has a one of a kind perspective.

3. Andy Warhol's work reminds me of street artists that take an everyday object and turn it into something special. They use doors and windows.

4. The association is significant to me because I was very fond of street art when i was little. The very few times I took the subway somewhere, there were stories being told through art.

5. In pop culture critics view and decide whether art is significant, valuable, or pleasing to the senses.

6. An informed opinion is one that is not knowledgeable or worthy of note. An informed opinion on the other hand is one with great experience and knowledge about a subject.

7. Taste is a preference to a certain set of characteristics with an open mind, whereas bias in the more negative closed minded way of thinking about a certain set of characteristics.

8. I like Warhol's Cam-belle's soup artwork. The soup can is the focus and is carefully centered to draw attention. The color is sort of bland or dull but that draws out the third aspect of it. It is an everyday item that would otherwise have been overlooked. It was just a random object but now with a value in the canvas.

9.Portraits are not important to us anymore because we can take a picture that is much faster ad cheaper.

10. Artist painted portraits throughout the ages to show someone with and exaggerated trait such as boldness or leadership. Although it is not said, the colors and the outlines of someone in a portrait can convey them as bold.

11. I feel very creative and happy to get to model myself into a Warhol style portrait.

12.I created my Warhol portrait of myself by taking a picture, turning it black and white, and making it into four smaller pictures. I then colored the backgrounds of each smaller picture.

13.I used the quick selection tool, the rectangular marquee tool, and the lasso tool.

14. This skill can help me get a career in web designing long-term. Short-term, because it came out so well, I see myself using the project as wallpaper for my devices' backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment